Friday, October 23, 2009

Another Wonderful Baby Shower

I ended my week with another wonderful baby shower. My good friends, Andrea DeWeerdt, Marcy Yonker, & Erin Slotman threw me a shower tonight with the rest of my good friends. It was so nice and relaxing to catch up with one another. Marcy made a cute diaper cake for the center piece. The basket is filled with items for my diaper bag. What a great idea, due to the fact I have no idea what is a "must" to have in a diaper bag. These balloons are really special b/c Andrea had to chase them in her neighborhood!! She had them in her garage & when her husband left he left the garage door open and the balloons escaped.

After dinner we played pictionary and the words were all baby related. It was a close game the whole time! Unfortunetly, my team was not successful but we had a lot of fun trying! Even though my team did not win, I received the cutest gift. I received wall decal letters that spell out Two Peas in a Pod. The letters are in brown and are going to match the baby room perfectly!

After our game I opened the presents for the twins. The twins are spoiled already b/c they are not even here yet and they received very nice gifts. Diapers, Diaper Champ (I think this one is really for mom & dad), Carters Mobile, baby swing, wipe warmer, Boppy, receiving blankets, and a health & groom kit.

We ended the night by eating sundaes with brownies and catching up with one another. It was fun listening to everyone's labor or pregnancy experiences. I learned a lot tonight by all the stories told.

Tonight, I was reminded again how blessed I am with true friends. Over the past few years I have been able to build strong relationships with these girls. I don't know what I would have done without their prayers and shoulders to cry on while Scot and I were trying to get where we are today. THANK YOU very much for being such great friends and for my awesome shower! I had an excellent time !!

No comments: