Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mother-Daughter Tea


Tea is a cup of life. ~Author Unknown

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt


This morning, I was able to take a couple hours away from the girls and enjoy a Mother-Daughter tea at our church with my family. This was my first tea party and it was a great time. I even tried some tea today and realized I am still not a big fan of it.


In the picture below from left to right is my sister Sarah, my mom Mary, me, my sister Amber, my Grandma Hoekstra and my Grandma De Vree.For the first time today I learned that my Great Grandma Vegter would always make tea at 3:00 in the afternoon everyday for my Great Grandpa and would take it out to the field where he was working. I love to hear stories like that from my grandmas.


In the picture below from left to right is me, my sister Holly, my Mom Jill, and my sister Heidi. Doesn't my mother look like she just attended the Royal Wedding? She looked great in her hat!!

After our nice brunch and tea we were blessed to receive tea etiquette tips from a "British family" of three. Check out their stunning outfits!! And of course, you can't have a tea party without singing, I'm a Little Tea Pot.

No comments: